Sunday, October 6, 2013

Virgin = Vegetation = Vegetarians

One of the consequences of going to Digitour was that the girls had to do homework on our way home from Chicago. Here are a few snippets of our conversation.
 
Gwen: Mom! It says PUBERTY on my homework!
Me: WHAT?
Gwen: Yeah! It does! pu-ber-ty. Weird, right?
Me: What subject is it?
Gwen: It's math, mama. I don't get why it says that.
Alli: Gwen, that says property.
Gwen: Oooooh! (pause) What does property mean?
 
Gwen: I know how to spell virgin.
Me: WHAT?
Gwen: Virgin. I know how to spell it.
Me: WHY?
Gwen: Because I do. It's v-e-g-e-t-a-t-i-o-n.
Me: Gwen, that's vegetation.
Gwen: Oh, ok.
Me inside my head: PUH-LEASE don't ask what virgin means!
 
Then later...
Gwen: What are some vegetarians around our neighborhoods?
Me: WHAT? Let me see the paper. Gwen, that says vegetation. It's not the same thing.
Gwen: I know, but I call it vegetarians.
Me: Vegetarians are people who don't eat meat. Vegetation is plants.
Gwen: Eh! Close enough.
 
Stubborn kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment