One of my favorite Easter traditions is the annual Easter egg hunt on my mom's side of the family. It gets fairly competitive. We split into two teams, each with our own color of egg. It's the kind of hunt where you go from clue to clue to get to the end prize. Usually each team has the same clues, but they are in a different order.
We try to make the clues somewhat challenging, but not impossible. One year I downloaded an Easter icon font and simply typed out each clue using that font. The Easter font had pictures of bunnies, eggs, and crosses instead of letters, so it was impossible to read. Then I created a key by typing that Easter font in ABC order next to another readable font in the same order. Another year I simply scrambled the letters of each clue.
This year it was boys v. girls, and the girls KILLED it! Here are this year's clues. Please copy this idea and create your own memories!
1. As girls, some of us used to sing this song, "Say, say oh playmate. Come out and play with me. And bring your dollies three. Climb up my __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __."
2. When a lady is preparing to have a baby, her friends will probably throw her a __ __ __ __ __ __. Babies are incredibly expensive.
3. Did you see the __ __ __ __ __ __ __ for the new pirate movie? It's rated ARRRRRGH!
4. __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ was a hilarious TV show featuring Pam Beasley, Jim Halpert, Dwight Schrute, and Michael Scott.
5. __ __ __' __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ was a touching movie starring Meg Ryan. She was worried her little book store was going out of business when a larger store opened in her neighborhood.
6. If there is someone who you don't want to hang out with, you might try to __ __ __ __ __ them. But please do it in a nice way.
7. The __ __ __ __ __ __ is a handy place inside the house that is one letter off from sounding like a pair of girl's underwear.
8. You need to __ __ __ __ __ hard in order to hit a home run. Also, home run hitters should try to be humble. No one likes a bragger.
9. Go to this corner of the acreage. (SW was circled on a compass)
10. Oh, I'm SO sorry! I meant THIS corner! (NE was circled on a compass)
11. You win! Or maybe you lose. It all depends on if you are the first team here. Either way, the prize is simply bragging rights. It's a little lame, but none of us needs more candy!
P.S. Complainers volunteer to organize next year's hunt, thank you very much.
1. Apple Tree
4. The Office
5. You've Got Mail