Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tell me something about yourself that you wouldn't want me to know.

That is a real interview question that my friend was recently asked. Isn't that a terrible question? I've been brainstorming the perfect answer, and finally came up with the following.

Well, sir, I'm glad you asked. You see, I usually try to be as efficient as possible. I walk fast. I multi-task. I have my keys in my hand before I get to my car. But there is one thing I do that might push it too far. One thing that I do in the name of efficiency that I would never tell you unless you asked this very specific question. In fact, it's a habit that I've been trying to break. Sometimes (ok, usually) when I need to use restroom in the office, I... uh... prematurely prepare. What I'm trying to say is that I subconsciously start unbuttoning my pants before I get into the stall. To be totally honest, it's worse than that. On more than one occasion I have found myself with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped in the hallway leading to the ladies room. So there you have it. That's my thing that I wouldn't want you to know. But it's kind of good, right? That I'm being efficient? Right?

So now I ask you. What is something about yourself that you wouldn't want me to know? Let's be honest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment