Sunday, September 16, 2012

Going Batty!

Is it too early for a Halloween post? I say no! I have a simple Halloween decoration idea that's thrifty and makes a big impact. Hoot! Hoot!  I can understand why bats are Halloween animals because they're kind of scary. But why owls? I guess owls are the Native American symbol for death, but in general, I don't think most people are scary. 

I do love owls and even drew one on my extremely artistic magnets - here. But THIS post is not about owls. It's about bats. Not real bats, but cute Halloween decoration bats. Bats have never bothered me, but they do bother a certain man that lives in my house. I'll tell that story another day.

See how cute these bats are on my funky green wall?


It's Easy!
  • Trace a store-bought bat decoration on black poster board and freehand smaller bats, making the most of your poster board. They don't have to be perfect!
  • Cut out the bats and slightly fold the wings so they are a little bit 3D. (That ought to scare the pants off somebody!) 
  • Attach them to any wall with masking tape. Masking tape is the nicest kind of tape to use on your walls, especially if you don't plan on repainting after Halloween. Position them so it looks like a whole colony of bats is flying up and away. 
After you have your bats up, plan a party, and invite me!

No comments:

Post a Comment